Primary School Teachers
- CATEGORY: Educator
- LOCATION: Phnom Penh
- SCHEDULE: Full-time
- SALARY: $ 500+
Open for: Local/International
Reports to: Head of Kindergarten
Scope of Jobs:
- Staff Management: None
- Budget Management: None
- Solve Problem: Propose or guide for improved curriculum, pedagogical materials, teaching methods, classroom, and student discipline management, and budget to improve the quality of student learning.
- Internal Communication: Collaborate with Pedagogical Coordinator, Manager. Student Affairs Officer, Librarian, and WJCS Management Team
- External Communication: Teachers of public and private schools.
1. Teaching and Pedagogy
- The consistent teaching of high-quality lessons of responsible subjects in accordance with the school curriculum
- Apply various pedagogical techniques of a student-centered approach to promote a friendly and effective learning environment.
- Implement various assessment methods to evaluate students' learning outcomes through assessments, questionnaires, and tests.
- Create and update lesson materials and lesson plans/notes
- Monitor and support the overall growth and development of students as teachers and teachers
- If it is necessary to prepare classroom rules to strengthen student discipline in the classroom
- Arrange or decorate the classroom to have a suitable atmosphere
- Help students to ensure that the classroom is clean
- Be a professional role model for students by inspiring them to learn and get the best results.
- Maintain discipline through school procedures and encourage good practice regarding time, professional attitudes, and responsibilities.
- Counseling for late learners or students with disciplinary problems by encouraging active self-study both at school and at home
- Participate in regular pedagogical meetings to share the concerns/challenges of pedagogy for better teaching
- Manage and maintain student discipline inside and outside the classroom, such as uniforms, identity cards, hygiene, etc.
- Collaborate and participate in classroom arrangements to share teaching experiences with other teachers.
2. Pedagogical Management
- Prepare documents, including tests for all exams, teaching materials, lesson plans, or teaching notes
- Commit to implementing pedagogical materials and lesson plans / teaching notes to meet school standards
- Keep accurate records and provide accurate and up-to-date information related to students
- Introduce or propose budgets for pedagogical materials and teaching activities to improve student learning outcomes
3. Engagement and Communication
- Be a teacher in charge or a classroom teacher.
- Maintain student discipline during self-study, lunch breaks, bedtime, flag salute, and other areas of the school.
- Participate in extracurricular activities and school events.
- Assist and replace other teachers' classes as substitute teachers if or when needed.
- Participate in staff development programs by preparing for additional training and professional development.
- Be polite to colleagues and guests by giving them a welcoming atmosphere.
- Maintain continuous communication with other teachers/colleagues to ensure a positive, nurturing, and collaborative relationship.
- Bachelor's degree in education or a related field and any specialized subject are added
- Have a pedagogical certificate
- At least two years experience in teaching any subject.
- Teaching skills or curriculum guidance and lesson plan development
- Good computer skills _ Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and e-mail and with Google
- Good interpersonal and communication skills Curriculum / pedagogical teaching and lesson plan development skills
- Commitment to the WJCS Vision, Core Values, and Code of Conduct
- Compliance with child protection policies and procedures
- Patience, adaptability, and ability to withstand the process of change.
- Ensure timely and high-quality results. Be a role model for further study and improvement.